LAST UPDATE: February 28, 2023
- The following Terms of Service (the “ToS”) govern a new initiative, which is named “Startup Society Founder’s Award” (the “Initiative”), to encourage Web3-native startup societies (the “Society”) through the web3 awards provided to You as founder (the “Founder” or “You”).
- The Initiative is owned and operated by Jur AG, a private company limited by shares duly existing and organized under the laws of Switzerland, with a registered office in 6300 Zug, Dammstrasse n. 17, registered at the Registrar of Companies of Zug under n. CH-170.3.041.846-5, fiscal identification code CHE-330.514.446 (“Jur” or “We”).
- All information and materials published, and distributed by Jur are not a solicitation, an offer, or a recommendation to buy or sell any investment instruments, to effect any transactions, or to conclude any legal act of any kind whatsoever.
- Please read the ToS carefully to be part of the Initiative. Before submission of the application, You will be requested to accept the ToS. By accepting the ToS, You enter into the Agreement, which constitutes a legally binding agreement with Jur.
- You agree to become bound by the ToS without modification. If You do not agree to all the terms and conditions of the ToS, then You should refrain from submitting an application.
- The Initiative is available only to companies and to individuals who are at least 18 years old. By submitting an application, You affirm that You are 18 years or older to enter into the ToS or if You are not, and have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into the ToS.
SCOPE AND PROCESS OF THE INITIATIVE
- The Initiative is aimed to encourage the development of Societies granting awards to the best Societies. In this context, the “Society” means any Web3-Native community built around a shared moral purpose, including but not limited to the existing online communities, influencers, DAOs, and DAO-like organizations, or anyone with ideas and experience to create something new.
- Submission of the pitch deck. The Founders have to submit their pitch deck, which explains their business concepts to the Jur, by the submission deadline which is 31 March 2023 to take part in the Initiative. The pitches should have a shared purpose that is desirable, feasible, viable, and unique.
- Discord participation. Jur will grant the Founder access to the Jur’s Discord community channel to create dedicated threads for their own Society. This opportunity will provide the Founder with select advisors as well as the community at large participating in the discussion related to Society.
- Jur committee shortlists. Once the submission period closes, the Jur committee will shortlist and select the best of ten pitches from all submissions through a voting process. The committee is composed of 4 people who are volunteers, selected within the Jur community, on the basis of the ranking in the engagement on Discord. Each Committee Member will put a Score from 1 to 5 to select the best ten pitch decks. For the contribution of the committee members, each one of them receives 1000 JUR tokens as a symbolic award.
- Pitch deck refinement. After the selection of the best ten pitch decks, the Jur team will provide dedicated consultancy to the Founders to refine their pitch decks and create five-minute videos to prepare for the pitch day.
- Judge rating. After the pitch deck refinement by the Jur team, the judges which are determined by Jur, will review the ten shortlisted video pitches and evaluate them based on four criteria: (i) desirability; (ii) feasibility; (iii) viability and (iv) uniqueness, with a score of 1 to 5.
- In the end, the five highest-scoring pitches win $2,000 USD and 1,000 $JUR each.
FOUNDER OBLIGATIONS AND STATEMENTS
The Founders undertake to:
- submit a pitch deck on the Society concept by 31 March 2023;
- not have a purpose of misleading Jur and the Jur community;
- provide an email address as part of the application process for communication. The Founder can be added to Hubspot by Jur for communication;
- authorize Jur to process the data related to the pitch deck, submit it to judges for evaluation, and share it with the Jur Community;
- have an appropriate wallet (“a tool that You can use to interact with a Blockchain network”) to receive the Jur token awards (if any). Such wallet and the related private keys are for Your personal use only and should be kept confidential;
- not violate the ToS and all other operating rules, policies, and procedures related to the Initiative;
- not make any representations or warranties regarding Jur;
- to respect the rights of Jur and/or of Third Parties;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations;
RIGHTS OF JUR
- Jur may, at its sole discretion and without any obligation to pay compensation:
- to modify, replace, suspend, or discontinue the Initiative, partially or entirely, without prior notice;
- remove a Founder from the awarding process in violation of the ToS and the applicable law and regulations;
- take against any of the Founders any action for its own protection, including those aimed at obtaining compensation for damages.
- Jur may, at its sole discretion and without any obligation to pay compensation:
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND NO ASSISTANCE
- Jur does not provide any warranties, whether explicit or implied.
- Jur makes no warranty as to:
- the suitability of the Initiative with respect to the needs of the Founder;
- the availability of, and the absence of issues in, the Initiative;
- the quality of the Initiative;
- the correction of any operational issue of the Initiative;
- the Jur token as an award will be at an expected value.
- Limitations and exclusions apply to the maximum extent allowed under the law.
- Intellectual Property rights mean patents, utility models, designs, copyrights and neighboring rights, trademarks or service marks, rights in the topography of semiconductor products, database rights, rights contained in confidential information, including know-how and trade and industrial secrets, moral rights or other similar rights in any country and, whether or not they are registered, any application for registration of any of the foregoing rights and all rights relating to the filing of applications for registration of any of the foregoing rights which are owned by, licensed to or otherwise lawfully used by the respective owner.
- Jur and the Founder are responsible for their own intellectual property rights. Accordingly:
- all Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Initiative, the operations provided through the Initiative are the sole and exclusive property of Jur;
- the Founders own all Intellectual Property Rights relating to their Pitch decks and business concept.
- The Initiative does not imply any transfer of intellectual property rights from one party to the other and that, and therefore each party will remain the owner of its own ones at the end of the Initiative;
- At the request of the Founder, Jur will delete the documents submitted to Jur by the Founder.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- No liability will arise for Jur towards the Founder or any Third Party as a result of the process of Initiative.
- In particular, Jur nor its employees, agents, or third-party content providers will be liable for any loss resulting from use or unavailability of information on or in connection with the Initiative, including but not limited to any lost profits, loss or damage to data, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, compensatory or incidental damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from negligence or omission of telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to, or use of Founder data through theft or any other means. We are not liable for criminal, tortuous, or negligent actions or omissions of Third Parties that affect the Initiative. In no event will Jur or any of its directors, officers, agents, employees, assigns, or third-party content providers be held liable for any tortuous or illegal conduct of other Founders.
- Jur will not be liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions and, more generally, for damages caused, directly or indirectly, by decisions taken or initiatives undertaken by the Founders or by Third Parties on the basis of (and/or as a result of) the Initiative.
- Jur will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Founder’s failure to comply with obligations set forth in the Agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Jur, and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, from and against all actual or alleged Third Party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract or otherwise, including, but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) Your participating of the Initiative, (b) Your violation of the Agreement, (d) Your violation of the rights of a Third Party, including another Founders or wallets, (e) any intellectual property disputes.
- Jur will not incur any liability or penalty for not performing any act or fulfilling any duty or obligation hereunder or in connection with the matters contemplated hereby by reason of any occurrence that is not within its control (including any provision of any present or future law or regulation or any act of any governmental authority, any act of God or war or terrorism, any epidemic or pandemic, or the unavailability, disruption or malfunction of the Internet, the World Wide Web or any other electronic network, the Blockchain or Jur technological systems or any aspect thereof, or any consensus attack, or hack, or denial-of-service or other attacks on the foregoing or any aspect thereof, or on the other software, networks, and infrastructure that enables Jur to provide the Initiative and the related services.
- The Agreement regulates the relationship between Jur and the Founder and does not create rights in favour of, nor obligations against, Third Parties.
- Any tolerance by Jur of the conduct of the Founder in violation of the provisions contained in the Agreement does not constitute a waiver of the rights arising from the provisions violated, nor the right to require the exact fulfillment of all terms and conditions therein.
- Jur does not provide awards (if any) to individuals who do not have the legal capacity to act to accept the Agreement as set out in their home country's legislation.
- The rights and remedies included herein are not exclusive, but are in addition to any other rights and remedies available under applicable law.
- Any limitation or exclusion of liability provided for in favour of Jur in the Agreement will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Agreement is governed by Swiss Law, without regard to its choice of law or conflicts of law principles.
- The Parties expressly agree that any disputes regarding the validity, performance, effectiveness or termination of the Agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss Court and, in particular, exclusively to the Court of Zug (Switzerland) unless mandatory applicable laws provide otherwise.