Jur AG ("Jur") is publishing quarterly Jur Market Reports providing regular updates on the state of the market. This includes partnerships, institutional strategies, and relevant JUR token-related announcements.
Jur, being a responsible stakeholder and a JUR Token holder, has chosen to be transparent about its token management to keep the community and other contributors informed.
The current report refers to Q2 ‘20 (April 2020 - June 2020).
As a remark, future market reports will be published within 10 days from the end of the quarter in review to accommodate events that happen in the last days of the quarter.
Q2 2020 Highlights
In the second quarter of 2020, the team focused mostly on tech development, business development, and network model improvement. Most of the results of the activities carried out in Q2 ‘20 will be announced over the Q3 ‘20.
On the tech development side, Jur has successfully completed the porting of the Jur Beta Platform (which contains the basic feature of the Jur Editor and the decentralized ODR system, the Open Layer) towards the new VeChain’s Connex interface. This allows any user to connect to the Jur Beta Platform just by downloading the Sync browser. You can read more on this major improvement in the user experience and ease of adoption here.
Jur has also focused on two additional features mostly focused on the community side both for token holders and to gain adoption for its future products. These two features will be announced over the next quarter.
To prepare the groundwork for the upcoming product that will be announced in the next quarter, Jur has started both product development and business development activities to create a strategic network of professionals and organizations for its launch.
With this goal in mind and to be close to the community members during these difficult times Jur organized a series of global webinars. The main subject of the webinars has been: smart legal contracts, blockchain-based dispute resolution and dApp business modelling in the legal sector. The response has been overwhelming with an average participation of 133 registrants (90% legal tech lawyers) per webinar. Given the general numbers in the legal industry, this can be considered a successful activity.
During these webinars, Jur got the chance to connect, talk and engage with around 300 law firms over 65 countries and 254 cities. Jur will be studying with each of these law firms ways to cooperate to grow the Jur’s ecosystem further.
Regarding the network model, Jur has focused its attention on analyzing and studying solutions carefully to ensure the ecosystem’s growth. A series of articles will be published over the next quarter as a result of this activity. This lays down the foundation for the upcoming product release.
The second release for private contributors has been issued as per the policy described in Jur Market Report #0.
Jur distributed funds to all the private contributors that have replied to the first official communication sent for the purpose.
For all the private contributors that are eligible to the distribution but did not reply to that communication please reach out through Jur’s official channels.
As a reminder, the Jur Team has decided to lock up their tokens for 12 months from the 28th Feb of 2020.
Team Bonus Policy
As a reminder, from June ‘20 onwards each team member in Jur has been awarded a bonus in JUR tokens according to its KPIs and the ability to grow the project and make it successful.
These tokens will be locked for 36 months starting from the month after which the activity is done and a maturation period of 12 months which is established for ensuring a win-win outlook, fair for both the team member and the project.
In the past quarter, the main operations done from Jur’s official wallets were regarding private contributors distribution and marketing expenditures:
- 8.009.798,16 JUR Tokens distributed as part of the quarterly batches of private contributors. Please note, some contributors did not provide the wallet yet. Jur will be distributing their due tokens as soon as their wallet addresses are received.
- 1.399.053,77 JUR Tokens were used for marketing advisory purposes during the COVID phase.
For providing direct accountability over the vesting period in place, Jur publicly shares information about its wallets.
IEO supply: 10% of total supply
Old Balance: 100.000.000
Current Balance: 0
Private Contributors: 10% of total supply
Old Balance: 80.854.516,28
Current Balance: 72.844.718,12*
Wallet ID: 0xc01b26cd4b9525ad1b67a54fad53a8bff91ae01d
Team, Scientific Committee and Advisors: 10% of total supply
Old Balance: 100.000.000
Current Balance: 100.000.000
Wallet ID: 0xf346f1ab880d5b2cd0333bf69c280a732fa4a1c4
Company Reserve: 20% of total supply
Old Balance: 200.000.000
Current Balance: 200.000.000
Wallet ID: 0x5d7fe18beff1c4f16115cb8cfcd87442a89d9278
Business Development, Tech & Operations: 50% of total supply
Old Balance: 493.413.578,31
Current Balance: 492.014.524,54
Wallet ID: 0x747fa3858456f3978cc747ca4290111b933986d5
*Please note: a transaction that was carried out in July from this wallet is not part of the updated balance as it is out of the scope of the Q2 ‘20 report and will be included in the Q3 ‘20 report.
Find below a list of highlights from the past quarter.
- Launch of the Official Jur Blog
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, Uganda, with Africa Innovation Law and Tech Academy, 29/04/20
- Jur Legaltech Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, Greece, with ELONTECH, 12/05/20
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, South Africa, with Future Laws Faculty & Legal Hackers - Cape Town Chapter, 22/05/2020
- Finding Diamonds in the Rough: Four Use Cases, Switzerland, with SECA, 26/05/2020
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, Swiss Legal Tech Association, 27/05/2020
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, Mexico, Legal Hackers Guadalajara, 04/06/2020
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, China, with Zhong Lun law firm, 10/06/2020
- Webinar - Smart contracts, ODR and blockchain, Italy, 4cLegal, 18/06/2020
- Ludovica Troili publishes her thesis on International Arbitration and the challenges with the new technologies with one chapter dedicated to Jur’s Court Layer, 22/06/2020
- Conclusion of Lab For New Justice with IE Segovia, 22th Jun 2020